Car finance is one of the most important things to consider when buying a car. As a registered national credit provider, Auto Deal is proud to offer our clients comprehensive vehicle finance advice and services. There are a number of finance options available which will determine what your monthly installments will be and the duration of the finance period. When you buy your new or pre-owned car from Auto Deal, our in-house financial consultant will work closely with you to help you choose the right option for your financial position and apply for finance on your behalf.
Requirements for vehicle finance:
If you want to apply for vehicle finance, you need to meet the following risk criteria:
- Over 18 years of age
- Your ITC record must be clean; no defaults, judgments and you must not be blacklisted
- You must be a South African citizen or permanent resident
- You should preferably be earning R6,500.00 or more a month
- The purchase price should preferably not be below R40,000
- The vehicle’s year model must be newer than 2004
- You must have a South African ID book as well as a South African driver’s license
The following essential documents are required in terms of the National Credit Act (NCA):
- Barcoded ID book confirming that you are who you say you are. The Financial Intelligence Centre Act 38 of 2001 (FICA) requires that all financial institutions “Know Your Customer” (KYC). Measures such as this protect you against identity theft or fraud so that no one can pretend to be you and drive away with a car that’s sold in your name.
- Valid driver’s license card showing that you’re legally allowed to drive on South Africa’s roads, as stated in the National Road Traffic Act of 1996. This important card will also be necessary when insuring your vehicle.
- Proof of income in the form of your latest payslip (3 months if commission, overtime or other allowances are earned) as well as 3 months bank statements. 6 months bank statements if self-employed. This will help determine whether you are able to afford the monthly vehicle repayments and insurance premium, and is a requirement of the National Credit Act 34 of 2005.
- Proof that the residential address you have filled out on your application is the real deal. You can use your water-and-lights or telephone accounts or any other utility bill. These documents should not be older than two months. This also falls under the “Know Your Customer” (KYC) requirement. You wouldn’t want your car landing up at the wrong address.
- Insurance details are required on finalisation of your finance transaction, before you sign your final contract and take delivery of your car. You have to insure your vehicle during the time that it’s financed so that this mutual asset is adequately protected. If your car is stolen or damaged, you still have to pay your monthly instalment, but having insurance will protect you from having to pay for the vehicle when you can’t use it due to theft or damage. Ask any of our Auto Deal Business Managers (F&I) to assist you with competitive quotations.
- Company registration documents confirming that you are in fact a business and include CoR 14 / CoR15
- Bank Statements, a minimum of three months’ bank statements for the company are required clearly showing the company name and account number
- Finanancial Statements for the company are required. If the financial statements are older than six months, up-to-date management accounts will also be required
- Proof of company address as per the company address filled out on the application. You can use your company’s water-and-lights or telephone accounts ore any other utility bill and should not be older than two months
- Barcoded ID Book for each member / director / partner / trustee
- Proof of residential address for each member / director / partner / trustee. These documents should not be older than two months