Apply for Finance
As a registered national credit provider, Auto Deal can handle your vehicle finance application on your behalf through one of our preferred financial institutions.
You can submit your application in a number of ways:
- Complete our quick online application form
- Download and print the application form to complete and send back via email or fax
- Give one of our experienced consultants a call to guide you through the finance process
We will get back to you with an answer within 24 hours after we have received your application form and all supporting documents.
Requirements for vehicle finance:
If you want to apply for vehicle finance, you need to meet the following risk criteria:
- Over 18 years of age
- Your ITC record must be clean; no defaults, judgments and you must not be blacklisted
- You must be a South African citizen or permanent resident
- You need to be permanently employed
- You should preferably be earning R6,500.00 or more a month
- The purchase price should preferably not be below R40,000
- The vehicle’s year model must be between 2004 and 2014
- You must have a South African ID book as well as a South African driver’s license
The following essential documents are required in terms of the National Credit Act (NCA):
- Barcoded ID book confirming that you are who you say you are. The Financial Intelligence Centre Act 38 of 2001 (FICA) requires that all financial institutions “Know Your Customer” (KYC). Measures such as this protect you against identity theft or fraud so that no one can pretend to be you and drive away with a car that’s sold in your name.
- Valid driver’s license card showing that you’re legally allowed to drive on South Africa’s roads, as stated in the National Road Traffic Act of 1996. This important card will also be necessary when insuring your vehicle.
- Proof of income in the form of your latest original payslip if you work for an employer, or a minimum of three months’ bank statements if you are self-employed. This will help determine whether you are able to afford the monthly vehicle repayments and insurance premium, and is a requirement of the National Credit Act 34 of 2005.
- Proof that the residential address you have filled out on your application is the real deal. You can use your water-and-lights or telephone accounts or any other utility bill. These documents should not be older than two months. This also falls under the “Know Your Customer” (KYC) requirement. You wouldn’t want your car landing up at the wrong address.
- Insurance details are required on finalisation of your finance transaction, before you sign your final contract and take delivery of your car. You have to insure your vehicle during the time that it’s financed so that this mutual asset is adequately protected. If your car is stolen or damaged, you still have to pay your monthly instalment, but having insurance will protect you from having to pay for the vehicle when you can’t use it due to theft or damage. Ask any of our Auto Deal Business Managers (F&I) to assist you with competitive quotations.
- Company registration documents confirming that you are in fact a business and include CoR 14 / CoR15
- Bank Statements, a minimum of three months' bank statements for the company are required clearly showing the company name and account number
- Finanancial Statements for the company are required. If the financial statements are older than six months, up-to-date management accounts will also be required
- Proof of company address as per the company address filled out on the application. You can use your company's water-and-lights or telephone accounts ore any other utility bill and should not be older than two months
- Barcoded ID Book for each member / director / partner / trustee
- Proof of residential address for each member / director / partner / trustee. These documents should not be older than two months